Sometimes you just need something sweet and satisfying to kick start your day. These muffins are a perfect choice as they are bursting with chocolate. I threw in some frozen Nutella pieces and topped the muffins with chocolate chips. To balance the sweetness I also threw in some chopped walnuts.
The ingredients are basic and takes less than an hour to bake a batch. Definitely recommend you to give it a try!
Can’t wait til breakfast tomorrow.
The following recipe makes 11-12 big muffins.
- 400gm of cake flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon 150gm of granulated sugar
- 240gm of milk
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon on pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of frozen Nutella
For the frozen Nutella you can refer to my Nutella Banana Nut Bread.
1. Pre-heat oven to 220C.
2. Line muffin tray with muffin liners.
3. Sift together cake flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. Using an electric mixer to beat the sugar and egg for a few minutes until pale yellow. Add the milk, oil and vanilla and beat at low speed for 30 seconds.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and use a hand whisk to combine the ingredients until the batter is smooth. Do not over mix the batter.
6. Break the frozen Nutella into pieces and add into the batter. Add the chopped walnuts. Use a spatula to mix gently.
7. Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter evenly between the muffin tin. Too each muffin batter with a few pieces of chocolate chips.
8. Bake the muffins at 220C for 5mins then turn the temperature to 190C and bake for another 25mins.9. Remove the muffins from your muffin pan and enjoy!