I have stopped eating beef for 2 years and from time to time I do miss it. Thanks to Beyond Burger it has helped me satisfy those beef cravings.
With the recommendation of my sis, I used Beyond Burger to make a Chinese hotpot rice. My hubby who loves his steak was surprised how good it turned out and is excited to try the veggie burger at Green Common.
This recipe is great for vegetarians and meat lovers and great for those looking for an easy and yet heartwarming meal.
Makes 5 bowls of rice.
1.5 cups of long grain rice (pre soaked for 30mins but if you don’t have time you can skip the soaking)
1.5 cups of water
1 pack of Beyond Burger
1 pack of preserved mustard greens 炸菜 （remove from package, drain and dice)
1-2 tablespoons soy sauce (for stone pot rice)
2 tablespoons of diced green onion
1. Marinade the Beyond Burger with some ground pepper. Add the diced mustard greens. Set aside for 15minutes.
2. After 15 minutes, place the washed and soaked rice into a cast iron pot (I used my Le Crueset).
2. Add the water to the rice and turn the heat to medium. Stir occasionally to avoid the rice sticking to the bottom.
3. When you start to see little bubbles, put the lid on and cook on medium heat for 2minutes.
4. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 8minutes.
5. Add the Beyond Burger mixture and place on top of the rice.
6. Put the lid on and cook at high heat for 30 seconds.
7. Turn the heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Turn off heat and wait 10minutes so that the residual heat continues to cook the rice and Beyond Burger.
9. Add the raw egg to the rice and sprinkle with the green onions. Put the lid back on and wait 1minute so that the residual heat can cook the egg.
10. Add the soy sauce and serve immediately.