I’m recently going through a cookie making phase as it’s getting too hot in HK to bake anything that takes more than 30minutes.
These 🍊 cookies are so easy to bake and tastes buttery and yet not too sweet.
This recipes makes around 30 cookies.
100gm butter (softened at room temperature)
60gm granulated sugar
120gm all purpose flour
1 egg (at room temperature)
30gm almond meal / almond flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Zest of one orange
1 tsp vanilla or orange extract
25-30 pieces of chocolate chip
1. Pre-heat oven to 175C.
2. Add the orange zest to the sugar and set aside for 10minutes.
3. After 10minutes, cream the butter and sugar by beating at medium speed with an electric mixer or standing mixer for 2minutes or until the butter is pale yellow and fluffy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla or orange extract to the batter and continue to beat for another minute.
5. Sift the cinnamon and flour into the batter and beat at low speed until well incorporated. Add the almond meal and beat for another 30 seconds. DO NOT overmix!
6. The batter should be quite thick. Attach a star nozzle to your piping bag. Fill the piping bag with the batter and pipe onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. The cookies will spread so pipe the cookies 2cm apart. Place a chocolate chip on the top of each cookie.
7. Bake at 175C for 30 minutes or until the sides are golden brown. Remove from oven.
8. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5mins then cool them on a cookie rack. After the cookies are cooled store them in an airtight container.