These chocolate orange cruchies are buttery and cruchy. The added orange zest gives it a slight tangy flavour and marries very well with the chocolate flavour. If you don’t like the taste of orange, you can simply leave out the orange zest.
Makes 24 bite size cookies
- 150g butter, softened a little (室溫牛油）
- 50g icing sugar, sifted （糖粉）
- 1 egg yolk （蛋黃）
- 1 tablespoon of almond meal （杏仁粉）
- 170grams cake flour (or 150 grams all purpose flour) （170g 底筋粉 或 150g 中筋粉）
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder （泡打粉）
- 20g cocoa powder （可可粉）
- 1/2 tablespoon orange zest （🍊皮）
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, icing sugar and orange zest at low speed till smooth. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated.
- Pour the flour mixture and almond meal into the batter and beat at low speed until well incorporated. Fill your piping bag with the batter and pipe cookies onto a lined paper tray.
- Place the baking tray of piped cookies into the fridge for 30 minutes so that they spread less and maintain their shape when baking. As my fridge is not big enough, I pipe my cookies onto a sheet of parchment paper and place the paper into the fridge.
- Bake cookies for 15 mins. Leave on baking sheet for 5minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool. Serve. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3days.🤤