Miso can be used not only for Savory dishes but also for cookies. As weird as it may sound, these miso cookies have quite a distinct taste and not overly sweet.
Super easy to make and you can make batches of cookie dough and freeze them. Whenever you want fresh cookies you can take out a roll, cut and bake.
210grams of sifted cake flour (底筋麵粉）
1 egg yolk (蛋黃）
100 grams butter softened at room temperature (溫室牛油）
80grams granulated sugar (白糖）
1 tablespoon almond meal (杏仁粉）
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (泡打粉）
1.5 tablespoons black sesame (黑芝麻）
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder and almond meal. Set aside.
2.Cream together the butter and sugar by beating it in a standing mixer or using a hand whisk at medium speed.
3. Add the egg to the batter and beat for 20seconds.
4. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until well incorporated.
5. Add the sesame to the mixture and beat at low speeds until incorporated.
6. Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and roll into a log. Place the log into the freezer for at least 4 hours.
7. Preheat your oven to 170C 15 kind before baking your cookies.
8. Remove the dough from the freezer. Slice and bake at 170C for 18-20mins.
9. Leave on baking sheet for 5mins. Remove cookies into wire rack and cool.
10. Enjoy with a cup of tea. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.