These ham and cheese buns are bursting with cheese flavour and very easy to make. Totally mouth watering!
- 150grams all purpose flour (中筋麵粉)
- 210grams bread flour (高筋麵粉)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (糖)
- 1 teaspoon salt (鹽)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast (幹酵母)
- 3 large eggs (雞蛋)
- 1/4 cup milk warmed to room temperature (牛奶煲到室溫）
- 57 grams butter softened to room temperature (室溫牛油)
- 150 grams diced ham (火腿切粒)
- 150 grams grated cheese (磨碎芝士)
1. Warm the milk in a small pot until it reaches around 37C2. Add the sugar and yeast to the milk and let it sit for 10minutes until you see a layer of foam. That’s a sign that the yeast has been activated.3. Add all the ingredients except the ham and cheese to your standing mixer bowl. Use the dough hook and knead at low speed until a ball has been formed (mine took around 5minutes). If you don’t have a standing mixer can knead by hand.4. Add the cheese and ham to the dough and continue to knead until well incorporated and a smooth dough is formed. 5. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling wrap and let sit in a warm place to rise until double. Mine took around an hour fifteen minutes.6. Punch down the dough and divide into 9-10 equal balls of 80grams each. Roll each one into a small ball and place in a round baking pan or your baking tray. Cover with. A cloth and let it rise again for 45mins.6. Preheat your oven to 190C 15 mins before you start baking the bread.7. Sprinkle the buns with cheese and bake for 45mins. If your buns start to brown tent it with foil.8. Cool and serve.