Sometimes you just want something savoury for a snack. These cheese cookies are a great snack and can be whizzed up in w food processor in minutes. Even better you use chilled butter so no need to wait for your butter to soften. I had some Bacobits on hand so threw in 1/4 cup. I like to use Parmesan but you can use any cheese you like.
Makes 40 cookies
- 100grams of cake flour (低筋粉）
- 35grams grated Parmesan cheese （磨碎芝士）
- 35 grams powdered sugar （糖霜）
- 60 grams unsalted butter (chilled) （雪凍牛油）
- 1 beaten egg （雞蛋）
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder （泡打粉）
- 1/2 tablespoon almond meal (optional) （杏仁粉）
- 1/4 teaspoon salt （鹽）
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper (optional) （黑胡椒粉）
- 1/4 cup of Bacobits (optional) （煙肉碎牛乾濕）
1. Sift together the flour and sugar.
2. Add flour mixture into your food processor together with the grated cheese, Bacobits and black pepper. Pulse a few times.
3. Add the chilled butter to the flour mixture in the food processor and process until it is well incorporated and resembling breadcrumbs.
4. Add the egg to the food processor and process until a dough is formed.
5. Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and shape into a log.
6. Freeze the dough for at least 4 hours.
7. Preheat oven at 180C for 15mins before you bake your cookies.
8. Remove your cookie dough from the freezer and slice. I like to keep mine relative thin so that they turn out more crispy. Bake at 180C for 18-20mins until the sides turn slightly golden brown.