Finally couldn’t resist getting the Kenwood Frozen Dessert Attachment. My hubby and I just love ice cream too much and now I can customise my flavours and make it low fat. I will of course try the custard base French Vanilla ice cream as it’s my favourite.
For this recipe I used low fat yogurt so the texture is not that creamy but the fresh strawberries compensated for it and it’s still a nice frozen treat.
The following recipe makes around 500ml of frozen yogurt.
200 grams of fresh strawberries diced (新鮮士多啤梨）
500ml of low fat yogurt (低脂乳酪）
1/2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice （鮮榨檸檬汁）
2 tablespoons of honey （蜜糖）
1/4 cup of white sugar （白糖）
1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract （雲呢拿油）
1. Place your ice cream maker bowl in the freezer at least 24 hours before you make your frozen yogurt.
2. Pour your low fat yogurt through a cheese cloth or paper towel to strain away the liquid. Let it strain in the fridge for a few hours. Too much liquid will make your frozen yogurt very icy.
3. Whilst your yogurt is straining, add your strawberries, honey and lemon juice in a small pot. Summer at low heat for 10minutes. Let cool. Use a stick blender or a high speed blending, blend the strawberries and juice. Pour the strawberry mixture through a sift. Cover and put in the fridge until your yogurt has finished straining. If you don’t mind a bit of strawberry bits you can skip this straining process.
4. After your yogurt has strained, pour the yogurt into a big mixing bowl. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla. Pour in the strawberry and continue to whisk until all incorporated. Place mixture in fridge for a few hours or overnight.
5. Remove frozen yogurt mixture from fridge and place in your ice cream maker. Churn according to the instructions of your ice cream maker and if you want more strawberries, you can add a fe tablespoons of diced strawberries into your frozen yogurt when it’s churning.
6. Serve with more strawberries 🍓. Store the remaining in an airtight container. Try to finish with a few days other will get quite icy.