Peach is another wonderful fruit for making frozen yogurt and I threw in a handful of cacao nibs to give it some crunch.
The following makes 3 cups of frozen yogurt. This peach yogurt is so good I think I’ll double the portion next time.
- 500ml of low fat yogurt (strained overnight to remove the liquid)
- 400grams of peaches (peeled and sliced)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of stevia
- 2 tablespoons of Cacao Nibs
1. The night before you make your frozen yogurt, strain the yogurt through a cheese cloth or kitchen towels. I left mine in the fridge to strain overnight. You should strain it for at least 6 hours. If you can’t be bothered you can use Greek yogurt which has less liquid.
2. Mix your peaches with ground cinnamon and maple syrup and bake in a preheated oven at 150C for 45minutes.
3. Remove the peaches and blend. Set aside to let it cool.
4. Place the blended peaches, Stevia and yogurt into a high speed blender or food processor to blend until smooth. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours to overnight.
5. Churn the ice cream in your ice cream maker and enjoy. After 10 minutes of churning, add the cacao nibs and continue to churn until its texture is like ice creams. If you don’t have an ice cream maker you can mix in your cacao nibs and freeze your ice cream until it hardens and then serve.