These cookies can be whizzed up in 40 minutes (including baking time) and there is no need to wait for your butter to soften. I sometimes make a big batch, roll them up into logs, wrap with parchment paper and freeze. Whenever I want some cheese cookies, I will take them out and let them sit for 10 minutes at room temperature then slice and bake. Super easy and really yummy.
The following reciepe makes around 30 cookies (I like to slice mine quite thin).
- 230 grams of whole purpose flour
- 20 grams of almond meal
- 125 grams of cold butter (cut into cubes)
- 125 grams of grated cheese (I like Parmesan or Cheddar)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of Bacobits (optional)
- Extra grated cheese for topping
- Place your butter, cheese, flour, almond meal, salt and the beaten egg into a food processor. Whiz up the ingredients in the food processor until it forms a dough of ball.
- Roll the dough into a log and wrap into parchment paper. Place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 185C 30 minutes before baking.
- Slice the cookies and place onto a baking sheet. Brush each cookie with egg yolk and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 185C for 20-25 minutes. Cool on rack.⏱
- Cookies can be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days. 😋😋😋