After indulging over Christmas it’s time to get back on track with some healthy eating.
Healthy eating doesn’t mean you have to compromise on taste. These flaxseeds chips are so easy to make and yet are delicious and healthy. There’s no added oil or sugar and only takes 20mins to make. You can play around with the seeds and flavours.
To give it an extra cheesy flavour I added a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
The following recipe makes 2 baking trays of chips.
- 1/2 cup of flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried herbs
1. Preheat your oven to 200C.
2. Grind the flaxseeds in a grinder. This step is optional but I find the chips turn out crispier.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together and add the water. Mix to form a ball and set aside for 10minutes.
4. Place the ball of mixed seeds onto a piece of parchment paper.
5. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the ball of seeds and roll it out as thin as possible.
6. Using a pizza cutter score the sheet of seeds.
7. Bake at 200C for 12-15 minutes until the sides are golden brown.
8. Let the chips cool on the baking sheet and then break them up into pieces. Serve.