These sesame snaps are crunchy, nutty and you can easily finish a batch in no time. I used brown butter to enhance the flavour but if you prefer you can simply use melted butter or even melted coconut oil.
I also added some ground toasted hazelnuts which again is optional.
The 🍪 can be stored in an air tight container for up to 5 days but don’t think they will last that long.
The following recipe makes around 20 cookies 🍪.
- 2 egg whites （蛋白）
- 65 grams of melted butter (I used brown butter) （溶化牛油）
- 70 grams of granulated sugar （砂糖)
- 100 grams of cake flour (低筋麵粉）
- 1/4 cup of ground toasted hazelnuts （磨碎榛子）
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt （鹽）
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract （雲呢拿香油）
- 50grams of white sesame seeds （白芝麻）
- 50grams is black sesame seeds （黑芝麻）
- Place the egg whites into a mixing bowl and whisk lightly until foamy. Add the sugar and whisk for another 20 seconds.
- Add the melted butter to the egg white and whisk until combined for around 30 seconds . Add the vanilla and whisk for another 15 second.
- Sift flour and salt into the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula.
- Add the ground hazelnut and sesame seeds to the batter. Using a spatula mix all the ingredients together. The batter should be relatively thick. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes and in the meantime pre heat your oven to 180C.
- Take out the batter from the fridge and spoon a tablespoon of the batter onto a greased baking sheet or you can use parchment paper to prevent it from sticking. Dip a spoon into some water then using the back of spoon, flatten the cookies and clean the sides so that cookies are round.
- Bake the cookies at 180C until slightly brown. Mine took 19 minutes in the oven.
- Let the cookies cool completely before devouring them.