It’s my first time to add zucchini to my baked goods and suprisingly, it makes the cake very moist. A very easy and yummy cake!
The following recipe makes two 3inches x 6 inches chocolate cakes
- 200 grams of cake flour
- 25 grams of instant pudding (vanilla, chocolate or banana flavour)
- 30 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Valhorna)
- 340 grams of shredded zucchini (around 2 zucchinis)
- 40 grams of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 80 grams of honey
- 100 grams of melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 100 grams of dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease your pans.
- Squeeze out the water from the zucchini (I used my nut bag).
- Sift together the flour, instant pudding mix, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Add the beaten egg and vanilla. Beat for another minute.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet ingredients i.e. the butter mixture and beat at low speed until the flour is well incorporated. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Add the zucchini and chocolate chips to the batter. Using a spatula, mix the batter until the zucchini and chocolate chips are well incorporated. Pour the batter into the pans. Bake for 45 minutes. Insert a wooden stick and if it comes out clean, can remove from the oven.
- Let the cake cool in the pans for 15-20 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack (at least 30 minutes). Slice and serve.