This is a modified version of my previous ice cream scoop cookie recipe using cake flour and almond flour to give it a lighter texture. I also used a smaller ice cream scoop (3cm) to make bite size cookies which are perfect to bring on my runs🏃♀️🏃♀️🏃♀️
The following makes approximately 20 cookies.
- 135grams of cake flour
- 20 grams of almond flour
- 40 grams of icing sugar (sifted)
- 85 grams of butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg yolk
Strawberry flavour 🍓🍓🍓
- 20grams of freeze dried strawberries (grind into powder)
- 3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips
Cookies and cream flavour 🍪🍪🍪
- 4 Oreos (crushed)
- In a bowl, sift together the cake flour, almond flour and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sifted icing sugar. Can use a hand mixer or can cream by hand. Add the vanilla extract and egg yolk and beat until well combined (around 1 minute).
- Add the dry ingredients. If making strawberry flavour, add the freeze dried strawberry powder and chocolate chips. Mix until well combined. If making Oreo flavour add the crushed Oreos with the flour.
- Scoop the cookie dough using the ice cream scoop onto a baking sheet or in a box. Freeze the cookie dough for at least an hour. I make a few dozen and freeze them in the freezer.
5. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 180C for 15 minutes. Bake the cookies at 180C for 15 minutes. Cool on cookie rack and enjoy.