These super easy no bake energy balls are perfect for breakfast or a post workout snack. I make a batch and freeze them and bring them with me on my runs. If you don’t like cashew butter you can use any kind of nut butter as your heart desire.
The following recipe makes 12 bite size energy balls (I flattened mine to make them look like cookies).
- 200 grams of cashew butter
- 45 grams of honey or maple syrup
- 65 grams of Oat Flour
- 65 grams of almond flour (or you can replace almond flour with oat flour)
- 10 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 30 grams of melted chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of freeze dried strawberries (I used a rolling pin to smash them up)
- Mix the cashew butter and honey / maple syrup together. Heat in a microwave for 30 seconds. If you don’t have a microwave, can heat it over a Bain marie for 1-2 minutes until melted.
- Combine the oat flour, almond flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- Form balls and if you want you can flatten them so that they resemble cookies. Decorate but drizzling with melted chocolate and sprinkles with freeze dried strawberries.
- Place the energy balls into the refrigerator for 1 hour and can store up to 7 days. Enjoy.