Don’t get fooled by these creepy looking cookies – they are in fact great for those peanut butter lovers. The cookie base is a thick chewy peanut butter cookie and the chocolate spider is made from an almond coated chocolate and decorated with additional dark chocolate.
I made the spiders (without the legs) ahead of time and stored them in an airtight box in the fridge. You can make extras so that you have them on hand anytime you want to give your friends a yummy ‘surprise’.
The following recipe makes 20-22 cookies. The following recipe makes 20-22 cookies.
- 20 almond coated chocolates
- 40 mini white chocolate chips
- 30 grams of dark chocolate (you can use any time of chocolate you have on hand)
- 225 grams of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 120 grams of unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 80 grams of peanut butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 80 grams of brown sugar
- 40 grams of white sugar
Chocolate Spiders (can make ahead the spider body)
- Melt a little bit of dark chocolate. I put 3 -4 pieces of chocolate buttons in a disposable piping bag and placed it in a glass of hot water for a few minutes until the chocolate has melted.
- Pipe a two small dots on the front of each chocolate almond and stick a mini white chocolate chip to make the eyes. Using the melted chocolate, dot a small bit of chocolate on the white chocolate to make the eyes.
- Put each chocolate in a box or a small try and into the fridge to let the ‘eyes’ set.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter and white / brown sugar for 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Continue to beat for another minute.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the batter and beat at low speed until well combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop around 30 grams of cookie dough and roll each one into balls. If the dough is too sticky, put it into the fridge for an hour before rolling the cookie balls. Place the cookies onto a baking sheet or a box and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 180C for 15 minutes, bake the cookies for 16-18 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place a spider body on each cookie when it is still warm from the oven. Cool the cookies on the rack for 30minutes. In the meantime, melt the chocolate in the piping bag.
- When the cookie has cooled, pipe chocolate spider legs. Continue to cool the cookies until the chocolate has set. Enjoy.🕷🕸🕷
40粒迷你白朱古力碎片(mini white chocolate chips)
225克中筋麵粉(plain flour / all purpose flour)
120克無染牛油（室溫軟化）(softened butter at room temperature)
80克花生醬（室溫軟化）(softened peanut butter at room temperature)
1 茶匙雲呢拿油(vanilla extract)
80克黃糖( brown sugar)
- 將麵粉，鹽，泡打粉和梳打粉一起在碗過篩裏. 備用.
- 以摄氏180度烤约16分. 曲奇出爐後馬上將朱古力蜘蛛放在曲奇上.待饼干完全待凉后装罐.用朱古力醬接蜘蛛隻腳同眼睛. 即可享用